top of page

Park Rules and Regulations

The Governing Documents of Kingsgate Highlands 3 & 4 Homes Association, which can be found on the Documents page, contain the covenants, conditions, restrictions, and rules and regulations that apply to both individual lots and Common Areas. The Homeowner’s Guide summarizes these in “plain English”. Every homeowner and resident should be familiar with these documents. Because the rules for use of the Kingsgate 3 & 4 Park and Pool, architectural control procedures, and procedures for reporting covenant violations are of frequent interest, we’ve posted them here for ready reference.


Rules and Regulations

The Board of Trustees has adopted the following park rules:

  1. Park hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. unless a scheduled activity has been approved by the Board of Trustees. Unapproved after-hours activities are subject to prosecution under trespass laws.

  2. Use of the park is limited to members in good standing, their immediate families, and authorized guests.

  3. Organized team practices are not allowed in the park in order to keep it open for casual use.

  4. Members are responsible for their families and guests while in the park.

  5. No dogs are allowed in the park whether leashed or unleashed. No horses or other large animals are allowed in the park.

  6. No firearms or other dangerous weapons are allowed in the park.

  7. Conduct of a criminal or disorderly nature including abusive language, or conduct that restricts the enjoyment of others using the park is prohibited.

  8. The use of hard balls in the park is prohibited.

  9. Climbing is restricted to those items of playground equipment which were designed for climbing.

  10. Misuse of the park and playground equipment is not permitted.

  11. Motorized vehicles are restricted from the park unless authorized by the Board.

  12. Bicycles are restricted to the paved areas of the park.

  13. No fireworks in the park.

  14. The gazebo area can be reserved by members in good standing for groups of 75 or less. Call the park scheduler to reserve (see the Contact Us page); if you need to cancel your party, please call at least 24 hours in advance. The reserving member must be present during the party. Guests must obey all of the park rules. Parties may use the baseball field, horseshoes, volleyball equipment, and other equipment available for checkout from the pool house. Use of the pool is not included; regular pool rules and guest fees apply (see the Pool Rules below). Gazebo users, including those who did not formally reserve the area, are expected to pick up trash from all areas used by their party, empty small trash cans into the dumpster, sweep the gazebo, clean the tabletops and benches, and return all borrowed equipment to the lifeguards. Failure to clean may result in a $50 cleaning fee payable by the reserving member.

  15. No alcohol allowed to minors in the park.

  16. No smoking or other use of tobacco products in the park.

Any violation of the rules and regulations submitted in writing to the Board of Trustees and signed by one or more members may result in the suspension of the violator’s privileges to use park facilities.


Violators will be notified of the date and time of a hearing.

  • First violation: Two week suspension.

  • Second violation: One month suspension.

  • Third and subsequent violations: Six month suspension.

Malicious damage or the destruction of common property may also result in suspension plus liability to reimburse the Association for damages.

Reporting Violations of Covenants and Other Rules

If you become aware that one of your neighbors is breaking one of the covenants, conditions, restrictions, bylaws, or other Association rules, you should first bring this to the attention of your neighbor yourself; they may not even be aware that the rule exists or that they are in violation. If they correct the problem to your satisfaction, no further action is necessary on your part.

If, after you have asked them, your neighbor refuses to correct the problem, you should check the Homeowner’s Guide to see if the rule being broken is a subdivision plat restriction (“PR”), covenant (“DCCR”) or By-Law (“BL”), or if it is a county ordinance (“CKC”) or state law (“RCW”). If it is a county ordinance or state law, you will need to call the King County Sheriff, code enforcement, or other governmental authority and file a complaint. If you would like help determining the type of violation, the right government agency to contact, or need any other help with this process, please contact the President of the Association.

If the rule being broken is a restriction, covenant, or by-law, and you would like the Board of Trustees to become involved in enforcing the rule, email, mail or deliver a letter to the Board of Trustees. This letter must include your name, address, and telephone number; the address at which the violation is occurring; the rule that is being violated; and, a detailed description of what you believe is being done that is in violation of that rule. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted; however, if you request in your letter, the Board will keep your identity confidential during further handling of the complaint. Feel free to contact the President of the Association at any time to discuss potential covenant or by-law violations.

bottom of page